asterpurl

>>>your diet needs more fiber<<<

Monday, March 27, 2006

yet another simple shawl

Hello to blogland...

I noticed I've gotten in the habit of only posting with a finished object. Well, I'm here today to mention a work in progress.

I've gotten hooked on katia ingenua yarn (from the label: 78% mohair, 13% nylon, 9% wool; 50 g; 140 meters). So far I've knit one complete shawl - using my simple shawl pattern - in the denim color. I knit it up on a whim using 3 balls last spring and it was an excellent cover when I did some air travel.

I'm currently knitting up another shawl in this fuzzy mohair yarn (color 18, they call it peach, I'd call it vermilion- not quite red, not quite orange) but this time I'm using 4 balls. I have just about finished ball 3 and hope to have the shawl complete by the end of this week. Pics to come.

I have enjoyed mohair yarn pretty much ever since I started knitting. It is soothing to me. The mayhem of the fuzz seems to be inviting to me, in some way. Mohair yarn is my default yarn. I've read how some bloggers just cannot help but pick up a ball or two of sock yarn when in a yarn shop. Me? Mohair all the way. What is your default yarn?

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some sock yarn, but I also will turn to anything super soft when in a yarn store - I'm the one petting all the yarn in the shop and going "ooooooh, awwwww,mmmmmmm - sounds like I'm doing something other than petting yarn ;). I don't think I really have a "default" yarn. I LOVE IT ALL (almost)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home