asterpurl

>>>your diet needs more fiber<<<

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mohair all the way

With a little help blocking... (okay, DH helped too) the shawl is done.
I don't have blocking wires. DH straightened some coat hangers for me. It took 2 hangers for the top and one for each side.

And here it is, dry. The center really is straight.
So, final details... Shetland Triangle by Evelyn Clark (in Wrap Style). Knitpicks needles, size suggested in pattern. And the yarn, oh, I like this yarn! Found the ball band - it is Kaalund Yarns Expressions, color Jacaranda. 100% kid mohair, 460m/skein. I did an extra repeat and still have yarn left. It's a neat yarn - smoothly spun, soft mohair that blossoms a bit in the wash - stitches are more distinct, say, than the yarn in my next project.
Lace on the knitpicks needles - oh - it's good. I've started a spring scarf for myself with a skein of Rowan Kid Silk Haze (color: 581) that I got on sale a year or two ago. Most patterns I see with KSH call for at least 2 if not 3 or 4 skeins. I wasn't sure what to do with this ball when I initially purchased it. Here is a link to the free pattern: Knotted Openwork Scarf. It's a 4 row repeat, easily memorized. I'm curious as to how it might look with a different yarn - we'll see, eh?

Other projects... need to send off that baby blanket from earlier this winter. I've got several socks on the needles - slow progress b/c of the lace knitting and also b/c they are somewhat delegated as just-in-case knitting in my purse and briefcase.

Well, happy knitting to you! I hope your projects are going well!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Knitting Magic Girl said...

It turned out great! Whatcha going to work on next? :oP Hope it's warmer your way now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home